Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are you afraid to hit on other men?

If I were a gay man I'd be much too afraid to flirt with anyone. Men act so cruelly when they feel that their masculinity is threatened. How does a gay man get a date without worrying about being punched? Especially if you don't like the guys at gay bars.Are you afraid to hit on other men?
my approach is to do subtle flirting.... very, very subtle flirting. i mean, so subtle that if someone is not consciously paying close attention to whether or not a person might be flirting with them, they usually wouldn't even notice. for example, although i'm usually friendly anyway, i'll be a little more friendly when i'm interested in a dude.... making lots of eye contact, smiling a lot, keeping the conversation going as long as the other guy lets it. if the dude is interested in you, he'll usually get the hint. back when i used to work in a cd store, this hella fine customer (seemingly masculine and by all appearances hetero) came in, so of course i made sure to give him extra attention, spent lots of time helping him. since our cd's were completely unorganized, i searched through the chaos one by one until i found the cd he wanted.... and the time i spent helping him paid off cuz i ended up getting his number and by two days later, had already made out with him in his car lol. but the point is that extremely subtle flirting can sometimes be effective if the other guy is alert enough to catch on. obviously, some fellas are gonna be completely oblivious to your advances, which may make it seem as though the subtle approach is useless..... but when it comes down to it, it's not worth risking your safety by doing something more blatant if he appears to be hetero. besides, he'll get the hint if he's gay or bi, trust me. sometimes its a gay dude who's simply not interested, plain and simple. Are you afraid to hit on other men?
This is a very interesting question. I'm only 19, so my experience is limited though I have given your question a thorough thought. Personally, I'm not the type to flirt with another man, unless he's dropped subtle hints that hes interested (constant eye contact, initiating conversation, etc). I've come from a very cultruallty-conservative family, so the thought of having a boyfriend is a no no (I have a closetted boyfriend though heh...) I am not flamboyuant and would not flirt with just random men on the streets or a gay bar. This is because I acknowledge the fact that we reside in a repressive society where those that do not fit the 'norm' are punished.
I'm kinda nervous, more of hitting on a straight guy! Most gay guys are very understanding. My experience with flirting is limited though. I don't usually straight up hit on anyone.





Sometimes, I just let myself go and hope it works out! Gotta take a risk!!
What do you expect? If you hit them, they will hit you back.
a little. mostly because they see me more as a girl then a guy which is not what i want.
Yes, but not for the reasons you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment