Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do I get so angry with the men I know flirt with me or bluntly hit on me?

I'm thirty with a middle school aged son whose father is deceased for the last decade. I've had a few relationships, but have chosen to be single for the past year and a half.





Lately, I loose my temper and get depressed when someone expresses interest in doing anything sexual with me. I've terminated a number of friendships, some many years old, over this. I've said many things I regret.





A few guys have called me crazy, and it really hurts. My friends and family seem to have the impression that I'm a very sexual person and that I like attention. I don't feel that way.





I just don't want to feel used. I don't know if I'm encouraging people without knowing it (I've been accused of that many times). I want real friendships and normal work relations.





I feel like sex is the only thing most people are interested in and once someone flirts with me, I tend to flirt back a little-so they don't feel rejected and get mad at me, then I avoid them and go cold inside. If they persist, I explain how I feel. Usually, they continue to persist and I either loose my temper or get really depressed. Then, I avoid all contact. This is making me a lonely and frightened individual. Many of these men are married or in relationships, too.





The idea of having a sexual relationship again really terrifies me and I absolutely don't want casual sex. I remember a long time ago when I thought it was nice and enjoyed it, but any and all attention I get anymore seems malicious. I don't understand what is wrong with me, but it's seriously affecting my life and I don't know how to cope.Why do I get so angry with the men I know flirt with me or bluntly hit on me?
well you need to stay away from married men and also the men in relationships go for the single ones and try to get to know that man before you let anything go far like be in a relationship with him or sleep with him and you'll find the right man. good luck :) and keep your head up!Why do I get so angry with the men I know flirt with me or bluntly hit on me?
This answer has nothing to do with the question . . .

Report Abuse



well, since it's interfering with your life, i'd say go and talk to someone like a therapist or something. i totally understand you not wanting to get into a sexual relationship because you don't want to feel used, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. but maybe talking to someone could help you find some way to turn down potential suitors in a less stressful way, and help you not be so angry.
Maybe you should try one of those dating sites to find something ';real'; and ';mature';. I know those sites sound scary, but they do work for some people...
do you wanna hook up?
Your afraid that if you do something sexual you might get pregnant and have his kid then he might pass away or divorce you or something. What you want is for someone to be with for more than a couple years then get married later on and then but your grieving your husbands death after all this time and that's a hard thing to deal with Ive had family members pass away and it does hurt its like a chunk of your life disappearing but you got to be headstrong. the longer you stay like this the less likely you will be able to handle a relationship.... Not all guys just want sex there are some of us that respect women until they want it.
Have you and maybe your son as well, sought any counseling to deal with the fathers death? Part of the problem could be that you are somewhat afraid of getting into a serious relationship for fear of him leaving you like your previous mate, or because of something else. You should be telling yourself and feeling that dating guys who are already involved is absolutely out of the question. Considering (if you will pardon me), your son and your situation, you do not have room or time in your life for anybody else's drama. Sex is almost always the thing that is first on guys minds especially if you are beautiful and sexy. Fortunately, there are exceptions. Be a ';Choosy Lover';. Figure out what kind of man is best suited for you and your son and except nothing less. In the meantime, give even more of yourself to your relationship with your son, your family, and God.
Perhaps there is something in the way that you dress or carry yourself that gives off that impression. The best thing to do is try watching ';What Not to Wear'; (believe it or not) and see if you can find yourself in some of the single mom's they've shown.





There are several people on the show in similar postions to yours that dress way younger, and more revealing than is age appropriate. Having a body is great, but that doesn't mean you need to show it all the time.





If it's not how you dress, then you need to think about your interactions with people. Are you overly flirty? Even if you aren't trying to be, maybe you should tone it down a little. It may not be ';who you are';, but it will help with getting the wrong kind of complements.
  • Can humans catch giardia from dogs
  • phone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment